Nowadays most real estate clients in the United States look for their homes and agents on the internet. Reliable information about homes for sale is provided to buyers by real estate agents through their real estate websites. More than 120 million people visit real estate websites every month. Influential real estate websites like Zillow, Realtor set a record of bringing millions of visitors to their website every month. That’s why almost all agents and brokers create their good quality real estate website. And their websites are very informative. If you want to sell or buy a real estate property, there are many real estate websites that can do your job very easily. Your job is simply to find a good quality real-estate website. This article is intended to make your search easier. In this article, we will tell you about the search functionality of some Best American real estate websites, the features they provide, the advantage and disadvantage.
What Is an American Real Estate Website ?
American Real estate websites are used for theories about the value of new real estate, etc. American Real estate websites provide information on homes and other real estate property. Buyers can view property image videos through real estate. Those who want to sell their property can also post it through these websites. Through this, millions of buyers can see his property. This allows sellers to sell their home or other property and buyers to purchase that property. Many of these websites offer you mortgage benefits.
How Do American Real Estate Websites Get Data ?
Usually, American real estate websites list their homes in a variety of ways. However, in some cases, they manually input the information present in their real estate. The realtor uploads the seller’s profile or picture of the house offered for sale. Moreover, other updates are done digitally through algorithms.
Must-have features for American real estate website
Below are some of the features that are always available on a real estate website and if you need a real estate website then the required feature is needed.
- Advanced Search.
- Social sharing
- Image gallery
- Map view
- Latest or featured properties
Top American real estate website
- For Sale by Owner
Zillow is America’s Top Rank Real Estate Website. Zillow was founded in December 2004. Two years later, in February 2006, the first Zillow website was launched. While working at Microsoft, Barton was inspired to establish Zillow. Spencer Rascoff was nominated CEO in 2010 and Barton served as executive chairman. Then in April 2018, Zillow entered the market with an offer and on-demand home purchase. In early 2020, Zillow stock raise nearly 18 percent after falling in 4 years.
Zillow has apps on both Android and Apple platforms. It has more than 100 million downloads on Google Play. More than 5 lakh people have given a 4.5-star rating to this app. Meanwhile, 4.5 million people on the Apple store have given this app a 4.84 out of 5-star rating. This website’s database is updated very quickly. Attractive property information takes 2 to 24 hours to update. Zillow data does not always come directly from MLS. The partner broker sends the list of agents and third party users. In some cases, however, information is sent directly to Zillow from the MLS. Zillow earns money by searching advertising fees from buyers and sellers.
1. The Zillow database is much larger.
2. It has more than 110 million properties in its database.
3. There are home sales guides on its website.
4. It has a mobile application that allows you to research the real estate you need from anywhere. 5. Zillow provides some links for pre-qualified financing.
- Aside from the listing agent, the other agents listed on the property record may not know anything about the home.
- Zillow’s proprietary Zestimate algorithm is only good for the theory of loading into a database.
- If you fill out the website form, you will be involved with agents. So be careful about filling out the website form if you don’t want to get involved with agents or brokers.
Realtor.com is another popular American real estate website. In 1995, realtor.com started out as a real information network. In December 1995, Realtor Information Network grew the list of 32,000 properties from October to 1996 to about 4 lakh properties. Following the realtor.com domain, the site was re-launched as “spot realtor.com” in 1996. In 1996, USA Today became the source of the exclusive online real estate listings of several companies, including NBC and America Online. Realtor.com works with the National Association of Realtors. It is associated with more than 800 regional multiple listing services and constantly updates information through them. Realtor.com has a special reputation for keeping this information up to date. Realtor.com has apps on both Android and Apple platforms. The Google Play Store has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars out of 2,36,000 reviewers. Meanwhile, the Apple Store has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars out of 220,000 reviewers. Realtor.com earns money from advertising fees.
- A very good aspect of Realtor.com is that 98% of the property information in its database is MLS listed.
- It is easy to find a house on the street but very difficult to find a house for sale. This can be done easily through this website.
- Helps to get pre-qualified financing and financial calculator for both buyer and seller.
- Helps buyers and sellers find a good realtor.
- There is no opportunity to search “for sale by owner” listing.
- The number of its research and consultation articles is very low compared to other websites.
- Another problem with Realtor.com is that home seller have no option to list their property for sale.
Trulia.com is one of the best American real estate websites. Two people named British Pete Flint and Finnish Sami Inkinen founded Trulia. While studying for an MBA in 2004, Flint was surprised to learn that information about real estate was much less than necessary and outdated. Then they work to make the process of finding a new home easier. Trulia was included in the 2005 June. Flint was CEO and chairman at the same time in Trulia.com.
The Trulia.com website is powerful, simple, and easy to use and for a great mobile app, it is very popular with shoppers and tenants. The Trulia real estate website has apps on both Android and IOS platforms. More than 201,000 people have reviewed the Google Play Store. They rated 4.6 out of 5 stars on average. Meanwhile, more than 9 lakh users of the Apple Store have given a 4.8-star rating out of 5 stars. Through the Trulia real estate website you can find out about both home purchase and rent. Data is updated or refreshed every 15 minutes in the app of this website. Another special reason people like this app is that it displays multiple maps for each property. Trulia.com is a favorite of people who tell you what people in a particular area like, not just about the needs of people in and around their homes. It earns through advertising.
- This popular real estate website’s local information is available on the website and its app.
- This website gives you personal alerts.
- Helps to get prequalified financing and financial calculator for both buyer and seller.
- The location of the home or property you choose to buy is well illustrated by drawing a loop on the map.
- Trulia.com provides you with a tutorial guide to make the best use of their app.
- If you want to search for something, first you have to sign in or register.
- Usually, there is no blog for home buying or selling education in its apps.
- Another problem is that home seller have no option to list their property for sale.
Redfin.com is another popular American real estate website. Redfin.com was founded in 2004 by David Eraker, Micheal Dougherty, and David Selinger. Where all other large real estate web portals get their lion’s share of advertising revenue from the lead generation, Redfin.com works as a broker, buying and selling homes with agents and taking money from them. In April 2006, CNN published a report stating that Redfin.com had received threats from its competitors. In May 2010, Redfin.com won the Seattle 2.0 Award. In 2019, Redfin.com has partnered with another real estate service to reach more customers. Redfin.com does not offer similar services to other sites like Zillow.com or realtor.com. However, this website displays in front of you a 3D view of the house, which will help you get a special feeling before visiting the house. The model of the Redfin.com system is based on a small fee. They have given customers more value by not only saving thousands of fees but also continuously improving by investing in the sold house.
- This website has some powerful tools that make it easy to buy and sell the property.
- The commission and brokerage fees on this website are very low.
- It is very profitable for a buyer and seller.
- This website only allows licensed agents to place ads on their platform.
- Presents more than listing properties.
- Also gives access to professionals like agents and property managers which is one of the bad aspects of this website.
Apartments.com is another popular American real estate website. CoStar Group bought apartment.com in 2014, but it was founded in 1992. CoStar Group is one of the best commercial real estate research companies in America. The Apartment.com real estate website offers tips not only about tenants’ preferences for apartments but also about improving the neighborhood and their rental experience. This website provides information about the Jim, Bank, Coffee shop, and a restaurant near the tenant’s home. The app of the Apartment.com website is available on both Android and IOS platforms. More than 5 million people have downloaded this app from Google Play Store. More than 25000 people have commented and this app has an average rating of 4 stars. Apple Store, meanwhile, has 4.6 stars with 25,000 views. Apartment.com and this application do not charge any fee for any property search. It earns from advertising fees.
- They provide information not only on apartments but also on houses and townhouses.
- Provides specialized articles to enhance your rental experience.
- There are mobile applications with search options.
- This website provides a map through which crime statistics are missing even though there is information on everything nearby.
- Its sorting capabilities and updates are very disappointing.
Movoto.com is another best American real estate website. Movoto.com was founded in 2005 based on the idea that “real estate should be easy”. Since its inception, it has been trying to provide technology for agents and brokers as well as provide the most comprehensive search and market research technology to home buyers and sellers. Moto has expanded online real estate brokerage in California and Nevada. Through this website, customers can find a home for sale and contact a partner agent. In each of these lists, you will be able to give detailed information including house price, square feet, date of construction as well as properties with similar features. This list is automatically updated every few seconds. They connect you with their local agents within minutes.
- This website best for buyers, sellers, agents.
- This website also has special features like a search property title.
- Movoto.com provides you with a tutorial guide to make the best use of their app.
- This website’s sorting capabilities are very disappointing.
For Sale by Owner
Forsalebyowner.com is another popular American real estate website. For Sale by Owner has the process of selling real estate without the representation of a broker or agent. Forsalebyowner.com was founded in 1997. Over the next five years, it became the largest real estate market in the USA. In the 10 years since its founding, home sellers have saved more than 1 1 billion from commissions received from brokers. For Sale by Owner, the website is ideal for those who want to sell a home by the owner. This website has two sales plans. The $ 99.95 Forsalebyowner.com package includes a 12-month data list, a video, and many photos. Moreover, there are different alternative arrangements depending on the state you are in. If you are not a trained real estate agent then the website has enough information to guide you.
- This real estate website provides MLS lists and syndicates for easy-to-find property information.
- Search for professional services in your state to support both buyer and seller
- Supports both buyers and sellers to look for professional services.
- This real estate website has no mobile application.
- Much less property information is available than other traditional broker list sites.
- There are very few search benefits on this real estate website.
Homes.com launched in 1993. The following year it raised 38.5 million in capital funds. Homes.com launched a platform Home Content in August 2011 for real estate professionals. The Homes.com platform serves them a little differently. First, they ask you to describe the details of your ideal home and then match it with the features of their platform. It then compares with the information you provide and the features of the houses on their platform. A rating gives you an idea of how limited these are to your needs. Much like a dating app, FB promises to find an ideal seller for your home.
They present to you through their website all the steps you need to follow to rent a house. They provide information on different types of home mortgages. They offer you tips and advice on how to save money through this website. It tells you what kind of house you need.
- Top properties provide specialized solutions for sale, rent, and purchase.
- This website has a great mobile application through which users can research property-related information.
- This website does not a large database for home information.
The Way an American Real Estate Website Can Help You
An American Real estate websites help buyers find the homes and real estate they need. These American real estate web websites and their mobile applications present the latest information to buyers through updates. If you want to sell a home, you may need to research the price of a home in your area first, because without it you will not be able to determine the value of your home. And the website makes these tasks much easier by providing them with information. It also ensures success in buying or selling your home.
You need to evaluate at least eight websites before deciding which American real-estate website will be best for you. They collect data using any source to let you know. How often does their website update? We have reviewed here the needs of different buyers and how the websites are improving them accordingly. We looked at the mobile application on the website. We’ve thoroughly studied their sites and compared them to see how they’re providing more information. After reviewing all these important issues, we have selected the best American real estate website.